Tower Inspection Winch Unit
Neumann Industrial Coatings completed all the required abrasive blasting and industrial spray painting for a self contained diesel hydraulic triple winch unit for an American company Tower Inspection, built by Neumann Equipment. The winches will be used for tower inspection is a certified materials lifting winch built in accordance with “Industry Best Practice” safety standards for use by the Commonwealth for maintenance and inspection of communications and transmission towers.
Neumann Equipment provided a fully self-contained diesel hydraulic system capable of a combined winch line pull of up to 10 Tonne simultaneously for use on towers up to 365m high. The system was integrated with significant safety measures such as overwind, overload, overspeed and continuous hydraulic monitoring to ensure that it met “Industry Best Practice” globally.
The system will be used for the next six months at the Harold E Holt communication station before being shipped to the USA for use by Tower Inspection. All design and manufacturing were completed in house by Neumann Contractors and completed in under 12 weeks from order.
Scope of Works
- Abrasive Blasting
The steel components were abrasive sand blasted using GL 40 Steel Grit (about 0.5mm) to White Metal specification (Sa3, AS 1627.9).
- Industrial Coatings
Primer – All components were primed with Nason Industrial 2K ZP epoxy primer. This is a two component epoxy anti-corrosive primer pigmented with zinc phosphate.
The fast drying and handling properties, together with extended overcoatability, make this an excellent primer for factory application prior to full system application on site. Nason Industrial 2K ZP provides good abrasion resistance which minimises mechanical damage in transit between the factory and site.
Top Coats – We then sprayed two tops coats of Nason Industrial NI-610 2K polyurethane in the desired colours, graphite on the base and golden yellow for the winches and power pack.
The Nason Industrial NI-610 2K polyurethane is two component, high gloss, polyurethane finish, and provides excellent durability and flexible application. It is suitable for use in both new construction and as a maintenance finish which can be used in a wide variety of environments including offshore structures, chemical and petrochemical plants, bridges, pulp and paper mills, and in the power industry.
Nason Industrial 2k ZP Epoxy Primer (650-04)
- Wet on wet application
- Excellent over spray absorption
- Excellent surface filling properties
- Contains zinc phosphate
- High film build & sag resistance
- High chemical and abrasion resistance
- Excellent adhesion to prepared steel
- Reduced time to topcoat, high productivity
- High productivity for spraying large items
- Sandable to achieve a high quality finish
- Excellent corrosion resistance over steel
- Excellent coverage & run free finish
- Wide range of industrial environments
- Long term film integrity & protection
For use in coastal, chemical or marine environments, where a higher level of corrosion protection and/or chemical resistance is required (e.g. on mild steel; galvanised steel, stainless steel, aluminium) than is provided by conventional alkyd ZP primers. Also suitable for use on fiberglass.
- Commercial transport & components;
- Mobile mining, earth moving, construction & agricultural equipment and attachments;
- Structural steel industrial and commercial;
- Industrial plant equipment and machinery;
- Pipeline & tank exteriors.
NI-610 is a “High Performing” 2 pack (2K) high gloss, isocyanate cured polyurethane topcoat based on Axalta owned technology. The resulting durable coating delivers excellent weathering and anti-corrosion properties (when applied over the recommended primers & Primer surfacers) and is suitable for use where a high performance type of 2K PU coating is required.
- Excellent gloss & colour retention
- Excellent flow and application properties
- Hard and abrasion resistant
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Fast dust free drying time
- Range of hardeners and thinners
- Long lasting film integrity & durability
- Superior quality and high gloss finish
- Extended service life
- Use for manufacturing & material handling
- Fast turnaroundtime & high productivity
- Flexibility in application & performance
The product provide excellent topcoat appearance and protection of properly primed metal surfaces in industrial environments. It is suitable for painting commercial vehicles such as buses, refurbishment of commercial vehicles, machinery and any article that requires a better than standard style 2K PU performance. This topcoat can be applied over properly prepared Nason® Industrial primers and surfacer coated substrates.
- Commercial transport & components;
- Mobile mining, earth moving, construction and agricultural equipment & attachments;
- Fabricated structural steel, handrails;
- Material handling equipment;
- Industrial plant equipment and machinery(including chemical plants);
- Topsides of marine pleasure craft;
- Pipeline and tank exteriors.
Phone : (07) 5589 9303 or (07) 5589 9746 Mobile 0429 468 631