Blast and Repaint - MV Framp Workboat
The MV Tramp is owned by Neumann Contractors and is used as a workboat for Neumann Dredging. It is used as a multi-purpose work version that tows, refuels moves anchors and a transfer vessel for the dredging fleet.
The harsh saltwater working conditions eventually takes its toll and it is time for a well need tidy up.
First up it was blasted in our 15m long x 7m wide x 7m tall Abrasive Blasting Booth with Crushed Glass to remove all the paint and rust.
It was then primed with Wattyl PR250 Epoxy Primer. The Epinamel PR250 is a great universal two pack expoxy primer for steel and non-ferrous metals and has excellent water and corrosion resistance.
We used Wattyl’ Epinamel DTM985 for the top coats, which is a resistant to alkali, mineral oil solvents and dilute acids. It is also very suitable for full immersion in slat water.
Jotun SeaGuardian Anti foul was also used. Antifouling SeaGuardian is a tin free selfpolishing antifouling. IMO Anti-fouling System Convention compliant (AFS/CONF/26).
- a universal two pack adhesion promoting, polyamide cured epoxy primer,
- approved to APAS-2971,
- conforms to AS/NZS 3750.13 Type 2 and 3,
- FDA Food Contact Compliant.
- general purpose epoxy primer in protective coating systems
for steel and non-ferrous metals
- excellent adhesion to steel, galvanized steel, non-ferrous
metals and fibreglass
- excellent flow and wetting properties
- excellent water and corrosion resistance
- cures at temperatures down to +5°C
- suitable for touching up of weld seams and damages of
epoxy coatings during construction
- long recoating intervals are possible when overcoating with
epoxy and polyurethane coatings
- can be overcoated with most alkyd, chlorinated rubber,
epoxy, two component polyurethane and catalysed acrylic
- suitable on wet blast cleaned substrates (damp or dry)
- suitable primer for immersion systems (in fresh and salt
water) when applied over suitably prepared surfaces
- suitable with well designed cathodic protection systems
- suitable for use as a prefabrication primer (Olive Green
only) (refer to Technical Data Sheet P30.07 for details)
- cure with Epinamel EH100 standard hardener or Epinamel EH120 low temperature hardener
- a two component surface tolerant high solids, direct to metal high build polyamine adduct cured epoxy coating,
- approved to APAS 2973,
- conforms to AS/NZS 3750.14,
- conforms to AS/NZS 4020:2005 factory made white only
- maintenance coating for use in a wide range of industrial applications as a primer, build coat or finish coat
- tolerant to lower grades of steel preparation for atmospheric exposure
- excellent recoatability
- cures down to 0°C with Low Temperature (LT) Part B
- excellent abrasion resistance
- resistant to splash of alkali, mineral oils, solvents and dilute acids
- suitable for immersion in salt and fresh water
- suitable for sewerage immersion applications such as wet wells and storage tanks (both for steel and concrete substrates)
- can be applied to existing piling between tides or for new work
- can be exposed to water immersion shortly after application
- suitable with well-designed cathodic protection systems
Product Description: Antifouling SeaGuardian is a tin free self-polishing antifouling. IMO Anti-fouling System Convention compliant (AFS/CONF/26).
Intended Uses: As an antifouling on vessels operating in global service, with drydocking intervals up to 36 months.
Phone : (07) 5589 9303 or (07) 5589 9746 Mobile 0429 468 631